Help someone stop
- Encourage them to talk about what they're going through and their feelings.
- Don't take it personally if they "bite".
- Let them know you are "there for them"
- Take up a new activity with them.
- Give them praise for their efforts.
- Remove temptations and reminders, such as ashtrays.
- If you're a smoker, then agree that you won't smoke around them (or even better, give up with them).
You will need a lot of support whilst quitting it is good to tell your family and friends that you are quitting so they can lend their support when you need it. Explain to them that you may not be yourself and don’t be afraid to ask for help.